Wednesday 6 March 2013

"Alia never liked me earlier because I didn't say,” says Varun Dhawan!

Acting in a film isn’t easy, particularly when you’re a newcomer and cast alongside two more debutants! Usually, having a seasoned actor act with you proves to be a boon. However, Karan Johar’s students, Siddharth Malhotra, Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt seemed to have no qualms starring in the lead, even though they were fresh and new! Well, that does speak volumes about the trio’s skills and Karan Johar’s mentoring skills. The film, obviously, was a hit and grabbed a load of attention, giving this trio a perfect stepping stone to success.
Now, while Alia, Siddharth Malhotra and Varun seemed to be perfectly at ease together on-screen, the youngsters didn’t really gel that well in reality at first. While Siddharth Malhotra and Varun hit it off instantly, given the fact that the two had worked together as Assistant Directors for the film My Name is Khan, Alia took longer to bond with the guys, particularly Varun. "Alia never liked me earlier because I didn't say, 'Hi' to her on the first day. But that is because I was giving my look test and didn't see her. She was angry with me in the first one week, but then it got okay," says Varun Dhawan, the son of the filmmaker David Dhawan.

“I did not give her any attitude because we had to work together. She feels we are very good friends, but I feel that we are okay friends. We bonded on that fact that we were young on the set and didn't understand much," adds Varun. Alia Bhatt will next be seen in the film adaptation of Two States while Siddharth Malhotra will star in Hasee Toh Phasee. Varun on the other hand will make an appearance in his father’s directorial venture, Mein Tera Hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment