Monday 21 January 2013

Student of the Year director, Karan Johar, clears rumors a gay orientation

 Being one of India’s most renowned and recognized filmmakers isn’t easy. Handling fame does get difficult at times, particularly when gossip-mongers begin whispering rumors that hold no substance. Karan Johar, a director, producer and the head of the film production house, Dharma Productions, has been subjected to rumors as such since quite a while now. A man married to his work and his profession, Karan has kept his personal life under wraps and has preferred being tight-lipped about his relationships. This, disappointingly, has led to a tide of false rumors!

“There are people who have asked me on the national television sometimes, and it was a Hindi show, it was meant to be about a tie-up with another channel and something unsavory came my way, asking me very directly about my sexual orientation(gay) and I looked at him and said why are you interested? Because it was said in such a strange way,” said Karan Johar in an interview with Simi Garewal a while ago.

Further beating down rumors of his orientation, Karan Johar added, “Obviously if you are single, you are 39, there will be conjecture about your sexuality and your orientation, I have no problem with that, and I am very comfortable with hearing all kinds of rumors that float around, I am very comfortable with what people have to say, their perception of my orientation, what they think, what all they think I am part of, and I have no problem with the territory I can't be upset or angry about it.”

Not one to justify his silence and publicize his personal life, Karan Johar seems unaffected by the exploits of rumor-mongers, knowing full well that it’s just a part of being a celebrity!

4 comments:

  1. I always knew he wasn't gay! He's a great director

    ReplyDelete
  2. i loved student of the year!

    Karan johar is the besst!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karan is one of india's best filmmakers! y do ppl say he is gay whn he isnt

    ReplyDelete
  4. karan johar's student of the year was so good!

    Siddharth Malhotra!!!

    ReplyDelete