Friday 1 February 2013

“I was born with a desire to be in the limelight,” says filmmaker Karan Johar

Karan Johar has made his mark in B-town with the films he has directed and produced. A filmmaker known for loving the limelight and bringing to the Indian audiences glamorous cinema, Karan Johar has brought about a change in Bollywood with his one-of-a-kind movie-making style. The head of Dharma Productions, Karan continues to spearhead his way to success, giving us one blockbuster after another.


“I was born with a desire to be in the limelight. I loved fashion as a child, clothes that didn’t fit me, of course, you know, were things that I looked at a lot, loved cinema, I watched a film every day, I never thought I would be a filmmaker though. I just love the world, the drama in the entertainment world and I wanted to so be a part of it,” says Karan Johar, the son of the late filmmaker, Yash Johar. Karan began his stint in Bollywood with his first directorial venture, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, starring Shah Rukh Khan. After the film’s success, Karan then went on to produce and direct many more.

“I have no problem in facing the paparazzi. I have no problem in facing the flashbulbs on a red carpet, I love it. It’s what I live for, it’s what I do, I could speak to a crowd of a 1000 people and feel very satisfied at the end of it. I like applause. It’s all the things I like, so why run away from these things if you really like it, who are we trying to fool and who are we trying to lie to,” adds Karan, speaking about his love for the work he does and the recognition he receives.

Karan Johar’s latest film, Student of the Year, hit cinema screens on the 19th of October, 2012, and was crowned a blockbuster. The filmmaker is currently producing films that will show up later this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment