Wednesday 20 February 2013

Parineeti Chopra chooses not to play the lead in Karan Johar’s project by Remo D’Souza

Actress Parineeti Chopra made her mark in B-town a few years ago with a fantastic debut and she’s known to be extremely picky about her roles. Recently, choreographer-director Remo D’Souza decided to cast the pretty youngster alongside Karan Johar’s student, Siddharth Malhotra. Scheduled to go on floors July-August, the film is now left without a female lead as Parineeti decided to opt out.

Instead, the actress will star in Hasee Toh Phasee alongside Siddharth Malhotra. The film will be a romantic comedy and will be jointly produced by Karan Johar and Anurag Kashyap. Incidentally, Remo’s film too is a Karan Johar production. Quoting Parineeti Chopra, As I wasn’t signing anything new people seemed to think I’m not getting work. I want to make it clear that I am doing enough work. People don’t seem to realize I am just a year old in the movies. My debut film 'Ladies Vs Rickie Bahl' was released in December 2011. I have had two releases already. And I’ve two major endorsement deals in my bag.”

Placing quality over the number of films she stars in, Parineeti also went on to add, “I think it’s wrong for people to think I am doing too little work. I can’t be doing five releases at the same time. I’ve signed three new films. That makes me one of the busier actors this year. Trust me, I had lots of offers."
Karan Johar’s Hasee Toh Phasee will be directed by Vinil Mathew. The film to be directed by Remo will be an action-adventure movie with lots of Hollywood-style sequences.

No comments:

Post a Comment