Tuesday 18 December 2012

“I had never thought of getting into the film industry,” says Karan Johar’s debutant, Siddharth Malhotra

Siddharth Malhotra
Siddharth Malhotra has been crowned as one of Bollywood’s most promising newcomer actors. The 27-year-old has recently made his debut with Karan Johar’s Student of the Year. The film is directed by Karan Johar and produced jointly Dharma Productions and Red Chillies Entertainment. Excited as ever, Siddharth Malhotra has been raving on about his big-screen debut ever since the film released on the 19th of October, 2012. I feel I am very lucky to make my debut as an actor with Dharma Production and being directed by Karan Johar. There is no director who could replace him.”

Siddharth began his career as a model in Delhi. He walked the ramp for several international and Indian designers including Rohit Bal, Manish Arora and Manish Malhotra. He has also won several titles including the Gladrags Face of the Year 2009 award and the NDTV Model of the Year 2010. “Modeling happened by chance as someone told me will you do modeling and get paid. I felt it was an easy way to earn good money. It was just a part time thing that I was doing.”

After his stint at modeling, Siddharth moved down to Mumbai to try his hand at acting. After auditioning for a film that failed to take off however, Siddharth began working as an assistant director to Karan Johar for the film My Name is Khan. “I had never thought of getting into the film industry.  When I came to Mumbai four-five years back, I was modeling in Delhi with an agency. Then I was to audition for a film that was for Anubhav Sinha and produced by Adlabs. They selected me as an actor. I was on a high but the film never worked out. It was a big downer. Then I thought since I am trying to get into this industry I must learn the nitty gritty of films. Hence I took up assisting to understand the technicalities of filmmaking.”

Catch Siddharth Malhotra in Karan Johar’s most recent release, Student of the Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment