Saturday 15 December 2012

Karan Johar and his newcomer star-cast pleased with Student of the Year’s success

Student of The Year
“I call Student of the Year my holiday film. I love songs and dance and good-looking people. I won’t apologize for liking this,” says director-producer Karan Johar who lifted the veil off his fifth directorial venture a few weeks ago. Starring newcomers Siddharth Malhotra, Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt, this campus romance managed to grab a load of attention after its release and continues to do so. “I had no interest in making a film that was close to reality. I don’t want to see anything real for a while. I want to make it look outlandishly fantastic and yet have a film that connects because that’s my personality,” added Karan prior to the film’s release.

The young actors and their mentor-director are ever exuberant about the success of their film and have been raving on about the entire experience, most of which is new for them. “I have been an assistant to Karan Johar from the making of ‘My Name is Khan.’ I am happy to gain recognition now. But it makes me realize one thing distinctly: that I have to keep up to the attitude of a hero,” said Siddharth Malhotra, speaking about the film and his newfound stardom. The film’s center of attraction, Alia Bhatt, went on to add, “Getting love from fans and their appreciation, nonetheless, brings a different kind of a feeling in the actor within me. All I know is that I will have to not take this success lightly but try to put in all my sincere efforts in the right directions, in order maintain this success hereafter.”

The film’s third lead, Varun Dhawan is equally ecstatic about his debut and went on to articulate, “I am happy for the stupendous beginning. After the success of this film, I have decided that I shall sign a few good films from outside banners.” The film also includes veteran actor Rishi Kapoor playing the role of a gay school dean named Yogendra Vasisht. The plot revolves around the intertwining lives of three students at a school played by Siddharth, Varun and Alia.

No comments:

Post a Comment