Sunday 9 December 2012

Student of the Year’s Alia Bhatt “will have to not take this success lightly”!

Alia Bhatt
“Getting love from fans and their appreciation, nonetheless, brings a different kind of a feeling in the actor within me. All I know is that I will have to not take this success lightly but try to put in all my sincere efforts in the right directions, in order maintain this success hereafter”, says newcomer Alia Bhatt who has recently made her big-screen debut with the film Student of the Year. Starring alongside Siddharth Malhotra and Varun Dhawan in the lead, the 19-year-old has left the audiences impressed and awestruck with her look in the film and her performance as a campus sweetheart.

"I'd never imagined that I'd get to do my first film with Karan Johar-it was a big deal for me! And even though he didn't have a big name in his movie, he never compromised on the film...he went all out and made it like he would make it with other stars. Karan put in a lot of faith in all of us and that made us feel confident about ourselves", says Alia Bhatt, praising her director-mentor Karan Johar.

The young actor plays the role of Shanaya Singhania in the film while Varun Dhawan plays her boyfriend, Rohan Nanda. Siddharth Malhotra plays the new kid at school, Abhimanyu Singh, who manages to gain Shanaya’s attention and affections, causing a love triangle. Unlike her on-screen character however, Alia isn’t the typical spoiled brat with a filmy background. "I'll be kicked out of the house if I expect any celebrity treatment. I'm not a celebrity at all. I'm just an actor and performer. A celebrity and a star is what the audience makes you. At home, I'm just the youngest person in this house, and that's what I'm treated like."

Besides the newcomer trio, veteran actor Rishi Kapoor also stars in this film. Rishi has donned an unconventional role of a gay school dean in this film who organizes the annual Student of the Year competition that forms the basis of this campus romance.

No comments:

Post a Comment