Tuesday 22 January 2013

Karan Johar brings new actors to the big-screen with Student of the Year

Karan Johar has launched the careers of several actors with his fifth directorial venture, Student of the Year. The film stars newcomers Siddharth Malhotra, Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt in the lead. While Siddharth is a model-turned-actor, Varun Dhawan is the son of the veteran filmmaker, David Dhawan. Alia Bhatt on the other hand is filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt’s child. While the three occupy the primary roles in the film, Student of the Year has also paved the way for several more actors including actor Boman Irani’s son Kayoze Irani, Sana Saeed who worked as a child actor in Karan’s first film, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai and Sahil Anand.

"Karan sir is an amazing person and so down to earth. I still call him and ask his advice. During Student of the Year, Karan gave me all the freedom to perform," said Sahil, adding, "Shooting with the entire team of Student Of The Year was an amazing experience and I was so glad when Kareena Kapoor appreciated my performance."

Kayoze Irani shares Sahil’s enthusiasm and said, "The response has been overwhelming. Having everyone from the film industry congratulate me was a surreal experience. If I try recollecting what Mr Amitabh Bachchan had to say about me, I blank out. I was actually star struck. And when he wrote about me on his site, it felt great."

The film is a campus romance in which Siddharth, Varun, Alia, Kayoze, Sahil and Sana star as students at a school in Dehradun. Together, they face the highs and lows of life at school and deal with relationships, friendship, rivalry and love. Rishi Kapoor also stars in this film, playing the unconventional role of a gay school dean.

No comments:

Post a Comment