Thursday 10 January 2013

Karan Johar’s newbie, Siddharth Malhotra, is Bollywood’s newest heartthrob

Siddharth Malhotra has made it big with his Bollywood debut in Karan Johar’s Student of the Year. The young actor made his first appearance alongside two more newcomers, Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt. However, while Varun and Alia both hail from filmy backgrounds, with Varun being the son of filmmaker David Dhawan and Alia being director Mahesh Bhatt’s son, Siddharth comes from a completely non-filmy background and was earlier a model. The film was a dream debut for a youngster who has always had an affinity for the world of movies.

“I came to Mumbai to be an actor. I was modeling in Delhi with my agency and then came to Mumbai for a film to be directed by Anubhav Sinha after Cash. It was being produced by Adlabs. My parents were surprised and I had to show them my contract but luckily that film never took off. Then Anubhav started Ra.One. That's when I thought to stay back and try a bit out in the B-town. If it wasn't for the money I earned from my first producers for the film that didn't take off, I wouldn't have been here in Mumbai. That had to happen for me to come here,” said Siddharth Malhotra.

He went on to add, “For me to try, I had to know how the film fraternity functions. So that's where assisting came up and I got ‘My Name Is Khan’. Modeling for me was always part time but to be an actor was always at the back of my head. I now understand pre-production, post-production, shot breakdown, etc. I am now more aware of how a film is made and I knew I had to be in Mumbai for good to be in the profession that I always wanted to pursue - acting.”

Siddharth Malhotra’s debut, Student of the Year, released on the 19th of October, 2012. There have also been rumors of the actor starring in Karan Johar’s upcoming production alongside Parineeti Chopra.

No comments:

Post a Comment