Tuesday 29 January 2013

Karan Johar’s Student of the Year – Siddharth Malhotra’s perfect debut!

When model-turned-actor Siddharth Malhotra took his first steps in acting, he donned the role of a child-artist in the television series Prithviraj Chauhan. Years later, after walking the runway several times for Indian and international designers including Roberto Cavalli, Manish Arora, Manish Malhotra and Rohit Bal. The 28-year-old actor has now made his debut with Alia Bhatt and Varun Dhawan in Karan Johar’s Student of the Year.

“One day, I was assisting Karan on My Name is Khan, and now I'm the leading man of Student of the Year. I have to pinch myself to believe this is for real,” said Siddharth before the film’s release, adding, "Sometimes, I'm a bit nervous. But at most times, I'm confident. I have landed a dream debut. Karan, according to me, has the safest pair of hands in the film business.” For this fresh new actor, the film was a dream start, given that not many newcomers hit the silver screen under big banners like Karan Johar’s Dharma Productions.

In Student of the Year, Siddharth, Varun and Alia play the roles of the three students at a school presided over by Rishi Kapoor who plays a gay principal. And that’s not where it all stops for Siddharth. The actor will soon be seen in his next film, Hasee Toh Phasee. This one will be directed by Karan Johar’s Dharma Productions and directed by Vinil Mathew. Siddharth will star alongside actress Parineeti Chopra in this film.

No comments:

Post a Comment