Wednesday 30 January 2013

Siddharth Malhotra to make his second big-screen appearance with Hasee Toh Phasee

Siddharth Malhotra tasted success with his Bollywood debut, Student of the Year. A Karan Johar campus romance, this film also starred Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt, both of who were debutants. In the film, Siddharth played Abhimanyu Singh, an ambitious middle-class boy who enrolls at a dream-like educational institution. At the school, he crosses paths with Shanaya Singhania (played by Alia Bhatt) and her boyfriend Rohan Nanda (Varun Dhawan). Due to circumstances, Abhi befriends Rohan. Their friendship is pushed off the edge however when Abhi falls for Shanaya and her boyfriend Rohan learns about the same. The film released on the 19th of October, 2012, and was proclaimed a blockbuster.

After his debut success, Siddharth will soon be seen in his second film, Hasee Toh Phasee. A joint production by Karan Johar and Anurag Kashyap, the film will see him star opposite Parineeti Chopra. “Everything is different about this film - its genre, the people I am working with, the actress, the world I'll be living in, etc. The first film chooses you but today I am proud that I chose my second film. It's a love story of a different kind. I won't romance the same way, I can tell you that (laughs). We start shooting end of April,” said Siddharth, speaking about the film.

The film will be directed by Vinil Mathew, and is Karan Johar’s first production with Anurag Kashyap. “He is a cool guy. I've met him a couple of times and interestingly, Karan told me all about the adverts he had shot so far,” said Siddharth, speaking about Anurag. “Hasee Toh Phasee was an interesting read. I guess now the actual struggle begins! And look at this, the title of such kind after my first film,” added Siddharth.

No comments:

Post a Comment